April 19, 2024, 08:00:24 PM

Author Topic: EXPERIMENTAL - SKILLS FROM FO49  (Read 19540 times)

Offline Mask

• Lurker
Re: EXPERIMENTAL - SKILLS FROM FO49
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 03:10:53 PM »
I'm all for the Heavy table. Having to choose muscle skills to get Bulging Biceps sucked. And it makes sense that gangs such as skavvies, who have the technological sophistication of scurvyridden 16th century pirates and use nails as ammo, don't get to take a skill that makes them take super-care of their weapons. If this makes the Skavvy rules underpowered somehow (but I don't really see how, it's not like they're a shooty gang) then the fault really lies with the skavvy rules, not these skills.

Offline Lord Humongous

• Lurker
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 11:31:44 PM »
I like this version if leap.  I agree that both leap (even this version) and sprint are very powerful, but so are many other skills, and these are the ONLY ways a normal house ganger can ever move more than 8 inches in a turn. 

The one change I might make to those two skills is to say that a model that leaps or sprints while charging does not get the +1 ws bonus for charging.

Offline Madness

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 08:13:11 PM »
Just nitpicking, you might want to change the Leap description to be The fighter may leap up to D6”

Offline Ravendas

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 08:31:03 PM »
Just nitpicking, you might want to change the Leap description to be The fighter may leap up to D6”

Yeah we had a bit of a discussion elsewhere about that. As is, in the rules you can overshoot your target and jump off the other side of that ledge you are aiming for. Most people just houserule it with the 'up to' part though.

Offline Lord of Worms

• Lurker
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 10:07:16 PM »
I don`t see why certain gangs `Heavy-Equivalent` characters shouldn`t have access to  the Heavy skills. Deacons, for example. But I don`t think scavvies should get them at all, even allowing them techno skills on a 2 or 12 is pushing it.
For it is of old rumour that the soul of the devil-bought hastes not from his charnel clay, but fats and instructs the very worm that gnaws; till out of corruption horrid life springs, and the dull scavengers of earth wax crafty to vex it and swell monstrous to plague it.

Offline SharkForce

• Lurker
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2010, 03:01:42 AM »
the current version of the redemption doesn't exactly need any help. the ease of creating and maintaining a large redemption gang makes them one of the most powerful out there... they don't need heavies with heavy stubbers when they can make up for it with having 3 other ganger equivalents armed with regular guns all go on overwatch if needed.

Offline Gapow

• Lurker
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 06:20:27 PM »
Wow I'm really late to the party, over a year since the last post on here. Has anyone been play testing these rules over the last 12 months? I'm due to start a mini campaign and was pondering about using these instead of the chart in the ORB.

I like the addition of the Heavy and Leader charts, it will certainly help give them more character than your avergae ganger. Regarding the debate over leap/sprint, I guess it depends if your a close combat or shooty gang. I play Escher and am sick of getting torn apart by my mates Delaque gang with Marksman before I get a chance of getting any where near him, so for me they are good additions and much needed.