May 09, 2024, 09:16:36 AM

Author Topic: My new and humble LOTR-Warmaster blog  (Read 22405 times)

Offline Mars Miniatures

• Loc: USA
My new and humble LOTR-Warmaster blog
« on: January 03, 2015, 11:11:50 PM »
Hi there, 

Im Mar, and I just started 10mm with Copplestone, some GW Warmaster, some Pendraken, and just ebayed a BOFA box set (new and still wrapped in plastic!)  So Ive started documenting my "adventures in 10mm".  I am very happy to have found this place, lots for me to read and catch up on.  Im also thankful to have found Copplestone minis whose sculpts drove me to take the plunge back into warmaster.

Heres some pics from my blog...     http://mars-miniatures.blogspot.com/

« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 12:33:01 PM by Mars Miniatures »

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Re: My new and humble LOTR-Warmaster blog
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 11:20:31 PM »
Oh wow these are fantasic, so great to see some LOTR in 10mm, I thought I was never going to see any more!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Mars Miniatures

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2015, 11:27:30 PM »
Stormwind,
Thank you kindly, Ive been a longtime miniaturist of many scales and genres, but 10mm Middle Earth-ish is my new and most favorite phase/craze.

Offline Time of Madness

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 11:49:25 PM »
Great looking stuff! Love all the scenary and buildings in the background.

Time of Madness

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 09:56:27 AM »
Welcome Mars,

Great pictures out there!

(there is a tip if you are interested in to resieze the pictures using the flag width in this way:

[IMG width=750] ..... [/  IMG]  warning width is sensible to capital letters and spaces

Returning to your images, I really like the golden painting scheme of the dwarves.

I take a look to your blog and I have a question... what is a mindflyer? great sculpt and nice paint

Offline Mars Miniatures

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 12:38:53 PM »
jchaos79,

Thank you so much for that resizing tip, I was looking and trying all kinds of html to do it. 

A mindflayer is a Dungeons and Dragons monster.  Its also a scary foe in the video game "Dark Souls".  They paralyse you then, suck your brains out with their tentacles.  Obviously, I love them... alot.

Besides using my 10mm for LOTR Warmaster, I am also painting and sculpting 10mm minis for use with a hybrid of 1) AD&D Birthright RPG campaign with 2) A Mass Battle miniatures ruleset either Warmaster itself, Mayhem by Brent Spivey, or Black Powder/Hail Caesar.

Offline Draccan

• Loc: Copenhagen, Denmark
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 01:48:15 PM »

In a word: Amazing!

/subscribed!
I really would love to buy some Warmaster Kislev, Araby, Bretonnia, Vampire Counts, Chaos demons ...

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 02:54:14 PM »
I'm about to buy some Total Battle buildings myself but have to compromise with their smaller 10mm range at the moment.

6mm does look good, great in fact, but I really want to try and get some buildings as close to the Forge World ones as possible.

Offline Mars Miniatures

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 03:52:40 PM »
Draccan,
Thanks!

Stormwind,
Yeah, if I had Forgeworld buildings, I would go pure 10mm buildings as well.  But I really like the small footprint that 6mm buildings take up on the table.  With that said, luckily, Total Battle does 6,10,15,28mm buildings so cover alot of bases for everyone.  And it seems they are ramping up to fill in the spots that are missing.  I hope they do 6mm north african (currently they have 10mm) because that looks like it would be good for scenarios in Umbar, or Harad.  And the fortified walls might even do for minas tirith walls. If im brave enough, I might buy them anyway... 10mm north african walls, with 6mm italian buildings for minas tirith.  Just not sure if it would work.  But IF I did, I will be sure to blog about it.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 05:06:19 PM »
Yes, 6mm does work - the Leven buildings are fab for that and I might try them in the future if I wanted to build a larger village area for a good price:

http://www.levenminiatures.co.uk/medieval.htm

===

It's such a shame that the DG production tower didn't end up becoming a full Warmaster fortress project.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/ratibes/m.html?item=111297257774&hash=item19e9d5612e&pt=Games_US&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

You can still get the tower and a scenic base but they moved on to an Epic kickstarter so we never saw them finish off the walls and interior buildings they had pencilled in.

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 05:29:55 PM »
Great stuff. Where in the US?

Offline Mars Miniatures

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 11:00:37 PM »
Stormwind,
Thanks for those links, Leven is new to me.  I will be picking up some of those in the near future.

Dave,
Im in California.  Are you the owner of Warmonger minis?  Ive been eyeing your site for the past month.  Im planning to make a purchase, but had to finish my copplestone/magister militum orders, ebaying some warmaster/bofa, just to get a foundation of stuff.  But your landsknecht are next in line, along with some trial Tridente medievals, and eureka. 

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 11:08:00 PM »
Hi Mar,

Welcome and thank you for sharing :)
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2015, 03:26:04 AM »
Yep, that's me. Still looking to sell a few more berfore I do another unit.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2015, 02:45:14 PM »
But your landsknecht are next in line, along with some trial Tridente medievals, and eureka.

I am afraid Tridente is not operative by now. The webpage is working but not response to the emails. Let's hope in the near future the company awakes.