April 25, 2024, 08:10:20 PM

Author Topic: [BFG] OSJC latchford's bfg stuff  (Read 49777 times)

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
Re: [BFG] OSJC latchford's bfg stuff
« Reply #240 on: August 19, 2020, 07:33:02 AM »
Great looking stuff all round mate. Love the colour schemes and the use of parts. Who'd have thought about using a scope lens to make a shuttle from? Well, apart from you anyway. ;)

Damn, those computer games take me back. Now I feel SERIOUSLY old. Still playing my favourite game from 1997 though! :D

Cheers!

...What '97 game is that again?

Sure you've told me before but my memory is dogshit these days...
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 04:10:15 PM by osjclatchford »
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC

Offline Lord Borak

• Loc: United Kingdom
« Reply #241 on: August 23, 2020, 08:55:41 AM »
Total Annohilation.

Basically building armies of Robots/Tanks/Planes and battering the hell out of someone. I've always had a thing for mechs, probably why I play Imperial Knights :D and why I've also just got into Titanicus  ::)

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #242 on: August 23, 2020, 09:56:19 AM »
Slippery slope that... Next thing your building a 28mm scale imperator titan in the garage and the car is out in the drive...

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #243 on: August 26, 2020, 06:37:11 PM »
I don;t have a garage so not that fussed  ;D I have a couple of old stables that I've converted into my man cave ;)

I'd love them to do a AT scale Imperator. Although I'd be just as happy for them to do AT scale Armigers lol.

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #244 on: September 18, 2020, 05:26:38 PM »
looking at some old bfg models today and relised I'd never got a shot of my 'imperial' repulsive class conversion I did a while back for the 'battlegroup classico' fleet:

the Dio.
as you can see its had its rear fin orientation swapped, the chaosisation removed and aquilla-wings and a dome added to further push the fact that this is a grand cruiser in imperial hands...
an oldy but a goody. don't know why I forgot to photograph this until now...

also my wife's been playing round with art on canvas and paint pouring, etc... and she decided to turn one into this:

get an umbrella, the tyranids are coming...

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #245 on: September 21, 2020, 10:08:32 AM »
Cool!

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2020, 07:41:35 AM »
Really cool Grand Cruiser mate. It has a very antique look to it. Like it's just been dredged up from a backwater reserve fleet.

You could print that and turn it into a board mate. Look very space-y

Offline Ragsta

• Loc: Edinburgh
« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2020, 10:34:08 AM »
Cool canvas! Your wife has talent!

Excellent grand cruiser. I have two of them pressed into Imperial service myself, it's a great model.

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2020, 12:26:37 PM »
thanks guys. I've always been totally in love with the repulsive class. I just dont understand how they got that so right and the other grand cruisers so abominably wrong...

it clearly has aspects of the genesis imperial ships designs (prow, keel fin) but its subtle enough to fit in with the chaos fleets without looking like a hobbled-together space-pikey ship...
thats what I tried to channel when I 'designed' the enceladus class grand cruiser thing I did.

as for the colours. yeah I was going for an aged baroque kinda scheme. inspired by the cover art of bfg rulebook (the john blanche one) and i have only a few ships in this scheme. this, the overlord with the kar-dunaish prow (nemesis2) , a dauntless, a lunar class (sacred duty) and a single sword and single cobra. I never truely fell in love with the scheme and ended up going ape for battlegroup armegeddon... but you've no doubt noticed that already... ;)

as for the canvas? it only 8" square so wouldnt make much of a board ;)

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
« Reply #249 on: September 23, 2020, 09:43:44 PM »
Pulling the cover art is really hard. You have to exaggarate colours to get those effects.

I don't dislike the Chaos models as much as you do, if at all, but yes, the Repulsive is the best model in the fleet. The Desolator and Despoiler are fun as well. Also good venerable barges if needed.

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #250 on: September 24, 2020, 07:45:33 AM »
Oh no I do like chaos vessels. It's the hybrid grand cruiser I kinda dislike...
You know the one that could be used by either fleet?
 I'd not go as far as hate but it's design flaws niggle me a bit. Still want one for my collection though! It's the only imperial vessel designs I don't own any of...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:33:03 PM by osjclatchford »

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
« Reply #251 on: September 24, 2020, 12:04:36 PM »
Ah, then I misread you. The Repulsive was released early on and the other ones (with the Vengeance as the base model iirc) around Armada. Indeed those design were... iffy...but I also would add one if I could.

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2020, 12:31:49 PM »
lols, iffy is a good word for it.
not terrible but not great.
I remember the teased news in wd about new grand cruisers we'd be getting just prior to armarda rulebooks's release and being so disappointed when I finally saw them. however the astartes vessels that came out made up for that!
yeah the repulsive was a big deal when it released. biggest broadside in the whole of the gothic sector. even took a retribution for a run for its money. and fast! man! my buddy (henreticus) brought one and it run rings round my imperial cruisers in every clash we had! I remember going ape with cobras trying to smash the hull out of it but it went to no avail... funny how i can remember playing a game of bfg with an unpainted model from 20 years ago but cant remember my own phone number these days...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 12:34:20 PM by osjclatchford »

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #253 on: November 25, 2020, 02:41:05 PM »
If you ever decide to return to old school video games inspired ordnance models, you might wanna check this site out. It really has tons of cool (manga styled) artwork based on many old games. Heck...even some of the 40k redesigns on there are pretty sweet!
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #254 on: March 14, 2021, 10:56:09 AM »

some vanguard eagle dropships in shark colours...
due to the absurdly huge size of these (14mm!) against the 8mm thunderhawks I currently have (from grimdarkbitz) I'm saying these are stormbird proxies...
Seeing that stormbird is a catch-all term that refers to a series of various super-heavy dedicated attack landers that are used by the Legiones Astartes as their primary means of deploying forces into combat, I figure these fit the bill and fit into the mythos of the spacesharks, being an older chapter and all that jazz...
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 10:59:55 AM by osjclatchford »