March 28, 2024, 11:33:05 PM

Author Topic: Possible Campaign Setting: The Ash Wastes?  (Read 3554 times)

Offline StyrofoamKing

Possible Campaign Setting: The Ash Wastes?
« on: October 26, 2009, 06:43:01 PM »
This might be done already, but I had an idea... I justed started reading 'Dune' for the first time, and a neat idea hit me: what if there was a Necro campaign set out in the Ash Wastes?

As a Mord player, I'm guessing it'd be similar to a Khemri or 'Relics of the Crusade' campaign:  about 50 or 66% percent of the games would take place outside of the hive, in the harsh conditions of the Wastes.  There would be a severe weather chart (shortened visibility, possibly dealing damage to random models, poisonous wind to anyone without a respirator [which, of course, would be recommended as starting equipment for all gangers.])  In the post game after a Waste battle, the yield would be high, but there'd be no access to trading posts or hiring new people.  In the Hive, there'd be low credit yield (a dying hive quadrant, maybe?) but plenty of connections to equipment and hired guns.

Of course, two great gangs to use would be the Ratskins, and the Ash Nomads (which were in CJ #26... one of the few journals I actually have.)

Thoughts?

Offline Steel Rabbit

• The Wargamer
Re: Possible Campaign Setting: The Ash Wastes?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 07:27:50 PM »
I think they tackled this in a Fanatic magazine, or at least in the old Necromunda magazine. I remember this because it's in the same issue as the Ash Waste Nomads.

Offline Ravendas

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 05:03:59 AM »
http://www.sg.tacticalwargames.net/fanatic/93taw.pdf

The Ash Wastes setting rulebook. It's all about driving around Mad Max style, with lots of interesting vehicle rules. It's basically a mash-up of GorkaMorka and Necromunda.

Offline StyrofoamKing

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 11:14:26 AM »
Huh. I guess you could take 'em that way too....  In theory, you could still use the setting to make a different, 'Dune'-like setting.  Making it tribal wars, of Ratskins, Nomads, Scavvies, and outlaw bands (would not stop people from playing Houses- they'd just be renegade/disgraced house gangs that are forced outside)

Thanks much! Sorry I can't come up with anything but old ideas.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 03:52:52 AM by StyrofoamKing »

Offline ANSWER_MOD_DABANK

• Answer_mods
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2009, 12:42:08 AM »
Stryofoam...if you want something different then try Death Squads.