April 25, 2024, 11:32:28 AM

Author Topic: "We're gonna need a bigger thunderhawk..." converting primaris carcharadons  (Read 33881 times)

Offline Ragsta

• Loc: Edinburgh
I actually LIKE the plastic scout head on your Guardsman hahaha, I’m so fickle :D Do you share pics of your Roystons anywhere, I’ve only ever seen that scale shot you did with a Space Shark.

I do not need Naval Armsman. I do need Naval Armsman. I do not n....*  :-X

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
I think the scout head looks good!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
@stormwind cheers man!

@ragsta that's pretty funny! Also no I've not any other Royston pics online. That's a job to do now... ;) As for the armsmen, look at it this way. They're not gonna cost much from me... I'll have had my use of the kit...
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC

Offline osjclatchford

more scouty wip stuff:

heres the three latest, silenced bolt pistol, heavy bolter and silenced bolter.
note the holstered shotgun on the pistol guy. also note what an absolute cow-son the heavy bolter was to fudge onto a palanite enforcer (but worth it in the end?) I used the catachan heavy team pointing arm to fill the gap so-to-speak and it fortuitously features a shark-tooth trinket so all ended up well. the drum mag (and spare on belt) comes from a cadian 'nade launcher and mirrors the drum mag on the smaller bolter. the silencers were fashioned from imperial guard tank smoke launchers for a bit of a more high-techy look but regular tube/rod would have done I suppose... as with the other two I've added guitar wire detail and equipment and heads from the scout sprue to 'scout-it-up' as best I could. I'm happy and if nothing else this is proof it can be done.

yes abysmal shots but its wip so these god-awful smartphone snaps is all you get for now... ;)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:22:55 AM by osjclatchford »

Offline Lord Borak

• Loc: United Kingdom
Wow, those are awesome. Great Kit bashing skills man! That cabling around the necks must have been hell.

Offline osjclatchford

cheers! to be honest the guitar wire was real easy.  :P all I did was shave the 'lights' flat, drill them, then bend the wire using jewelry pliers (cos they're smooth, not grippy, doesn't funt up the texture) and super glue em in. getting the length right was a bit tricky but I didn't do them all the same anyhow as I changed the position and  length depending on the character or pose of the model... oh, and I use the gw flat clipper to cut it so it doesn't go all wanky on the ends...

oh, and coming soon:

please note i've put better pics of the scouts in the post above now...
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 11:26:45 AM by osjclatchford »

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
Man these Necromunda kits are a Godsend for conversions and kitbashing for Inquisimunda stuff.  Love the weathering there.

Offline osjclatchford

thanks stormwind! yeah I love he new necro gear more for my guard and marine conversions than for necro itself! LOL kinda the same for gsc stuff...
also thanks on the weathering. in truth this upcoming rh1n0 conversion is an experiment of applying the same colourschemes highlight/weathering style i use on the infantry on a vehicle, seeing what works and what don't.  it will end up looking kinda stylized in the end i feel. almost like a graphic novella style i think. which is good for 1980's inspired marines.
and yes I know that primaris don't exactly fit in a rhino (and cant in the rules as primaris) but my marines are pretty much just truescale conversions, especially when you look at the war-gear they carry. so yeah, although a mk2 rhino chassis looks kinda small compared to a primaris sized infantry figure, a second or third edition marine looks kinda oversized next to an original '88 mk1 rhino chassis vehicle. yet we were stuck with mk1 rhinos for 14 years and three and a half editions!

Offline marell le fou

I like this trap door very much. Scratches are very well made.

Offline osjclatchford

progress:

more soon...

Offline marell le fou

Amazing work, again. Love the "shark" emblema.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
Really wonderful wear and tear!

Offline Lord Borak

Wow. This is probably going to be the best painted 70 points ever!!

Offline osjclatchford

thanks guys...

not sure about best painted... most expensive maybe... LOL

get the kit here: https://www.ebay.com/str/Blood-and-Skulls-Industry?_trksid=p2047675.l2568

Offline Lord Borak

I honestly thought that was the actual Forge World one. You've done a splendid job of that!