April 20, 2024, 04:01:10 PM

Author Topic: [BFG] Imperial Guard landing ships size? (with pic)  (Read 1107 times)

Offline timdp

• Loc: Northern California, USA
[BFG] Imperial Guard landing ships size? (with pic)
« on: September 14, 2020, 10:04:23 PM »
Am trying to figure out approximate length and height/width of this Imperial Guard landing ship, so am looking for educated estimates of its length and height. Thinking that folks with architectural or civil engineering experience might be able to come up with some reasonable numbers.

FW made troopships that had launch bays along the bottom of the ships. These things might be carried in ships and if so, those ships are going to need some very large launch bays... For modeling purposes, the questions is: How large?

Yes, the pic is deliberately very large. Please download it to view.

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
Re: [BFG] Imperial Guard landing ships size? (with pic)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 05:54:43 PM »
Looking at the fact they are valks flying about it, i'd say this badboy is about the half or more of the size of transport cargo vessel, bfg scale, I mean...

Based on the art and the supposed size of the thing, I'd use one of these as a base:
https://rpggamer.org/uploaded_images/blip%20133.PNG
Earth alliance shuttles from babylon5.
They were available as metal models or you could get a print?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 05:57:58 PM by osjclatchford »
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC

Offline timdp

• Loc: Northern California, USA
Re: [BFG] Imperial Guard landing ships size? (with pic)
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2020, 09:16:43 PM »
Actually trying to figure how large it is so as to to model ship launch bays in roughly the right size. Regular launch bays are not going to work. LB openings are 88 x 126 meters. Other Shapeways LBs are a) 463 meters square and b) 126 x 319 meters. Width on the large ones might work, but I don't think 126 meters high will work. I'm assuming the landing ship cross section is roughly square.

Thinking of using the tiny Vanguard system ships as the ships. They are around 17mm long which is 935 meters in "real" life. 1mm = 55meters