April 26, 2024, 07:30:19 AM

Author Topic: Thoughts on starting lists  (Read 6009 times)

Offline Talos

Thoughts on starting lists
« on: August 31, 2012, 08:42:49 PM »
Hey guys new to necromunda, hoping you seasoned gangers can give me some pertinient advice on starting up a campaign. My only real experience with table top gaming is battlefleet gothic and epic, and so with no real knowledge of gameplay I bought some orlocks....based entirely on the fact that they look cool, although they don't seem to be very favored on the boards. My questions are as such:

-Does anyone have any sample lists for a well-balanced gang? I'm biased towards the heavy bolter (looks so awesome), the grenade launcher (seems quite useful, particularily on the first board we have built) and flamers

-How many figures do you need to buy to realistically play a campaign? Is one box enough or do you need 2-3?

-What is the general play style or orlocks? Is there any general advice that can be given to improve my basic tactics?

-Last but not least, what are the most up-to-date rules, and where can I acquire them?

Thanks again for hearing out a complete newbie, look forwarding to contributing to the community once I have some experience under my belt! 8)

Offline ardavion

• Lurker
Re: Thoughts on starting lists
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 10:08:01 PM »
Sorry if this counts as necromancy, this is the first time I've checked this forum this year.

If you want to have a more active necromunda discussion, you could try the Eastern Fringe Forums; although it has been a bit dead of late, there's more activity over there for Necromunda than here.

There's also a few existing threads that handle your questions as well.

Offline Talos

Re: Thoughts on starting lists
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2012, 05:18:58 AM »
Thanks Man, much appreciated.