April 25, 2024, 05:34:37 PM

Author Topic: Cannons  (Read 9731 times)

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
Re: Cannons
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 02:19:06 PM »
I think so. Two bases of cannon (a unit) will roll 8 dice without armour roll o a unit in column.

Offline Dave

• Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 02:24:38 PM »
So one cannon gets two dice and two dice for  bounce if your shooting at units in column of three bases?

It gets two dice, if the 5cm bounce hits another stand you get another die (three total). If it hits two other stands, 4 total. If it hits two other stands and an attached skirmisher you'd get 5 total.

Offline Stuart Bleything

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 03:48:20 PM »
Very nice , just wanting to check .
Had a brigade of Ogers advancing .
1st unit in line followed by 3 units in column .

Very messy outcomes .
Well mostly huge pile of dead Ogers .
Screening unit got hit by 4 batteries of guns . Hit them 13 times in one round of shooting .

2nd round
2nd brigade of Ogers suffered the same fate .

Offline Dave

• Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 04:35:04 PM »
Ya, columns don't work so well against cannons. Your best bet is to send some cheap unit up along to take some hits for you.

Offline cjbennett22

• Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2017, 02:58:13 AM »
I apologize for bringing this back up again....just had a good discussion about it and could not come to a mutual agreement but a mutual confusion about a certain point in the rules.  I have read through this forum and found some help but nothing seems to really make it crystal clear, clear as mud as they say.

To clarify please correct the rules text I have included in an image taken from the rulebook itself.
Just to be sure, all hits need to be rolled for in the usual manner concerning cannon fire and no armor right?

Thank you all again.

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2017, 10:13:57 AM »

Just to be sure, all hits need to be rolled for in the usual manner concerning cannon fire and no armor right?

Yup, that sums it up nicely...

RE: one of the earlier remarks. Being hit by "4 batteries of cannon" which inflict lots of hits.

it DOES help to remember that you DO take out "destroyed" stands during resolution which WILL influence targeting. Defending player gets to decide which stands to take out, which allows for some nifty damage mitigation......