March 28, 2024, 09:28:20 AM

Author Topic: Mighty Empire Campaign rule question  (Read 8133 times)

Offline cjbennett22

• Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Mighty Empire Campaign rule question
« on: January 04, 2017, 02:25:39 AM »
Me and my brother are currently playing a campaign and coming to turn 5 of our first campaign season.  1 question is looming in my head.  Baggage points vs. stockpiles.  Can a stockpile of baggage points held in a city or fortress be kept over the winter season?  All banners lose their baggage points come winter but that paragraph of the rules never say anything about the stockpiles.  The paragraph in the rulebook that explains stockpiles, makes sure to change the name of it to stockpiles.  So since I am never told that stockpiles are removed during winter I assume they can stay.

This is ultimately up to me and my brother but wondering if anyone had some advice.  Thank you all.

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
Re: Mighty Empire Campaign rule question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2017, 12:29:12 PM »
Stockpiles would diminish over winter to keep city/banners operational. But they are not automatically discarded

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2017, 12:47:34 PM »
I've scanned the rules before, but is there any method for replacing them before you start moving again? If so, would you be able to get them up to what they were in the first turn?

Offline cjbennett22

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2017, 05:42:50 PM »
we have decided that the rule for erasing all baggage means all baggage, no matter who has it.  Whether stockpiled in a city or in the wagons behind a banner in march.  Seems like there is almost no point in stockpiling baggage in this game though.  With only 6 turns a season I would take all that I would need with my banners.

You buy more baggage during the spring with new troops etc.  I purchased plenty of baggage in my first turn and it looks like my banner will end the campaign season with all of it so I was hoping to stockpile it into a city to keep for next season.

We have decided, however, to try and consolidate rulebooks.  Their seems to be 3 total books, the original by priestley and stillman, the updated original and then another that was written by a Helge Seetzen with the permission of Rick.  The re-written one seems to leave out a ton of stuff by acting as an addition but does a poor job of telling the reader, "use this instead of the information on page XX."  So with no back and forth we get confused easily.

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2017, 05:48:42 PM »
Where did you find the updated original?

Offline cjbennett22

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2017, 06:03:02 PM »
my phone is currently trying to download that from my brothers cloud to figure that out  :P

Offline cjbennett22

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2017, 02:05:42 AM »
yeah, he was confused.  There are only the 2 rulebooks.