April 24, 2024, 06:44:23 PM

Author Topic: Moving brigades  (Read 2416 times)

Offline Clawlessdragon

• Loc: Kent, England
Moving brigades
« on: May 31, 2017, 01:32:46 PM »
If artillery brigade with infantry, we know movement is reduced to the slowest mover (10cm).
However, can the infantry move more than 10cm, as long as the brigade remains touching?

The same would be true for changing formation, as no stand can move further than its movement, if the whole brigade moved forward 10cm, but the infantry changed from column to line formation we could have a situation were the front stand moves 10 cm in line with artillery, but the rear stand moves 15 or 20 cm (i have not worked it out), within the infantry movement limit, but more than the brigade limit?

I know this sounds a bit petty, but does make a difference when defending your artillery. How do others move brigades?

Offline Dave

• Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
Re: Moving brigades
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 02:47:51 PM »
The units in a brigade just need to end in a brigade once each of them has finished moving (except for chargers). Their speed is not reduced in any way.

Offline Clawlessdragon

• Loc: Kent, England
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 06:58:23 PM »
Nice one, that's how i read it, but started to doubt myself. Thanks

Offline cjbennett22

• Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2017, 02:42:44 AM »
When you order a brigade to charge, they can split up.  The units that did not charge need to stay as a brigade, missile troops in front of infantry can still move to the side to shoot out supporters (except for warmaster revolution where supports are counted as being in combat, negating them as a target).