April 24, 2024, 08:00:38 PM

Author Topic: Tale of Warmaster Painters, March 2020  (Read 2946 times)

Offline empireaddict

• Loc: UK East Midlands
Tale of Warmaster Painters, March 2020
« on: March 09, 2020, 08:09:18 PM »
Work-in-progress. Indus. From left to right; Black Gate Ogres, Magister Militum Indians, GW Witch Elves.
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
"Yes, but not enough to scare us wargamers."
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline industrialtrousers

• Loc: Londinium
Re: Tale of Warmaster Painters, March 2020
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 10:23:08 PM »
I can't remember ever seeing an Indus list anywhere. Looking good so far. Pendraken elephants paint up quite well from pictures I've seen and I imagine they're in the list.

Offline empireaddict

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2020, 06:24:27 PM »
Sorry, forgot to explain that I shall be proxying my Indus with Skaven stats. Next up, a batch paint of 254 Eureka Ophidians who will be taking to the table as 19 units of Clanrat proxies. Oddly, it should be an easy paint due to the limited number of colours required.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 09:47:59 PM by empireaddict »
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline empireaddict

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 08:03:22 PM »
Your question raises the question of whether there should be an Indus list. My sense is no. The Araby list has pretty much everything (in terms of stats) that you would want for Indus, so proxying is straightforward. Geoff, who plays in the TriWiz tournaments uses his WMA Indians with Araby stats and it goes well for him. Plus Indian minis available from Magister Militum at fair prices. Certainly much cheaper than second-hand GW Araby!
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline empireaddict

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 09:46:47 PM »
Slight diversion. Some artillery for Middle Earth Dwarves. Converted from Kallistra Dark Elves bolt throwers.

Process: Flattened the undercarriage, snipped the 'ropes' off and bent the 'arms', hard wire replacements for ropes, hard wire spears as bolts, plus 3 crew come from Copplestone and 1 from Eureka.
Larry Leadhead (2004)

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2020, 07:23:21 AM »
good work. did the ropes look a bit naff? many of the kallistra models seem to be better than the pictures posted on their site.

Offline Apocolocyntosis

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2020, 10:32:45 AM »
those look impressively mean

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2020, 11:08:27 AM »
What a very good idea! Rules and stats already exist in Warmaster for bolt throwers, so an easy alternative artillery unit if you don't want to use cannons or flame cannons in a specific scenario.

Offline empireaddict

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2020, 08:01:27 PM »
Thanks guys.

The ropes seemed out-of-scale for this iteration. I've retained them for some Goblin Doom Divers, but I wanted a different look for this usage.

On their tabletop employment, I've always wanted a Middle Earth army and, of course, ME = no gunpowder. So will either use them as bolt throwers in ME context or proxy as cannons in common-or-garden WMA.
Larry Leadhead (2004)

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2020, 06:31:16 PM »
Skink hero who arrived with a broken bow so converted to a shaman with 2 Eureka bodyguards.

Offline empireaddict

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2020, 06:50:47 PM »
Very nice. Is the 'instrument' from a WHFB Wizard?
Larry Leadhead (2004)

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2020, 09:43:31 PM »
Yes, something to assist in the divination of the heavens. need to get the globe all painted...

Offline empireaddict

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 06:17:09 PM »
Dwarven artillery. Before and after.
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 08:21:51 PM »
Lovely units, well done!  ;D

How easy was it to flatten the undercarriage, the metal there looks quite thick.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 08:24:01 PM by andys »

Offline empireaddict

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2020, 08:48:31 PM »
Thanks.

Flattening process: placed them on concrete floor of my garage. Hit them with a hammer.

Brute force and ignorance.
Larry Leadhead (2004)