April 26, 2024, 01:33:00 AM

Author Topic: Space Hulk Rule Question  (Read 1265 times)

Offline Zhukov

Space Hulk Rule Question
« on: March 20, 2020, 11:03:50 PM »
This is copied over from the FB group and Reddit page.

Ork Space Hulks and Fire Critical Hits.

If hit be a weapon that specifically inflicts fire criticals, such as fire ships, melta torpedoes, and pyro-acid batteries, how do Space Hulks react to this?

Here's why the question exists: Space Hulks don't repair critical damage. So do the fire's just continuously stack and burn until the ship is destroyed?

-Zhukov
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."

Offline Xca|iber

• *Transcribing Intensifies*
Re: Space Hulk Rule Question
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 03:13:05 AM »
The way I've always interpreted the rules is that if something tells you to apply a particular result from a Crit Table, you apply that result even if the target doesn't use that Crit Table.

In the case of Space Hulks I suppose this would mean that they do just keep burning. I'd probably be open to a compromise where they can't repair Crit Damage from their Crit table, but can repair things like Fires.

(Also, I think I missed the rule for Space Hulks not repairing crits in XR, so now I can fix that thanks to you  ;D )
++Ask Not, Fear Not++
-------------------------
BFG:XR - The Battlefleet Gothic Expanded Revised Rules Project

Offline Zhukov

Re: Space Hulk Rule Question
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 01:25:07 PM »
Funny you mention this, as one alternative to this was that you can only suffer a maximum of 1 fire critical hit, and it cannot be repaired.

This interpretation would honor both written rules (Hulks cannot repair crits, cannot suffer more than 1 critical you cannot repair from FAQ 2010).

But I do think you bring up a fascinating point about the repair rule only applying to their critical hit table.

-Zhukov
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 01:39:56 PM by Zhukov »
I am Zukov's Klaw.

"Oh mah gawd its like a giant veil was just lifted off my face and the beautiful maiden before my eyes just turned into a hideous Ork with a giant, bloody choppa."